Executive Sous Chef-Fine Dining
Job Type: Full-time
Years of experience: 5+
Career level: Senior
EXECUTIVE CHEF FOR FINE DINING STEAK AND SEAFOOD RESTAURANT
We are looking for an experienced EXECUTIVE CHEF to join our team at a new location opening in Chicago’s Near North Side. Our managers focus on setting our staff up for success and building on our positive work environment. Etiquette, superior service standards and a true passion for providing the ultimate guest experience are all hallmarks of our brand. We only want the best of the best who are looking for a great immediate job opportunity.
Our EXECUTIVE CHEF is a proven team leader who sets examples for staff and guides appropriately, the EXECUTIVE CHEF makes decisions based on integrity and long-term success of the business and exudes pride in culinary excellence, consistency and in the practice of sound, profitable management techniques.
Overall responsibilities include ensuring consistent, high quality food and maximizing the profitability and organizational stability of the unit. This role is ultimately responsible for implementing and executing vision in regards to food creativity, quality, consistency and execution, staff accountability and integrity of physical property and equipment.
In addition to excellent culinary knowledge and fine dining experience, in-depth responsibilities evolve from the following areas: Financial, Management, Food and Back of House Operations, and Human Resources.
• At least five (5) years of experience as an EXECUTIVE CHEF
• Extensive experience with seafood required
• Ability to ensure all food items are of highest quality and within concept guidelines
• Menu/recipe creation and maintenance, educate staff accordingly
• Accurate costing, sourcing, pricing, comparative analysis
• Organized and comprehensive purchasing program, vendor relations, inventory analysis and management
• Controllable expenses vigilance and management
• Ability to set and achieve business plan objectives/goals
• Staff interviewing and hiring/development/training/evaluation/relations/scheduling
• Organizational, time management and project management skills
• Appropriate guest interaction and relationship development
• Participation in community events
• Basic computer knowledge
Additional skills and basic characteristics required include:
• Professional and personable
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-starter that sets and accomplishes goals
• Positive attitude
• Passion for business and serving others
Posted on December 13, 2017
Please contact the recruiter below if you have any questions regarding this position.
Recruiter: Shane Barber