Job Type: Full-time
Years of experience: 5+
Career level: Senior Financial Management
We are looking for an experienced hospitality industry restaurant accountant to join our clients team and provide accounting services to a group of restaurants.
This is a firm that serves startups and growing businesses in the hospitality industry. Our clients include multi-unit independent restaurant companies, franchises, and emerging brands across the US.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our rapidly growing outsourced accounting services practice. In this role, you will manage the complete accounting cycle for a group of assigned clients, using modern, cloud-based accounting software and reporting tools. Day to day tasks will include account reconciliations, calculating and posting accruals and intercompany transactions, interacting with client personnel, and executing the month-end close process for assigned clients.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least three years of full-cycle general ledger accounting experience and prior experience in the restaurant industry. Specific experience with restaurant management systems (Ctuit, Menulink, etc.) is preferred, but not required. The role holder must have strong technology skills and possess the ability to quickly learn new software applications. Since this role is client-facing, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, along with a customer service mentality and genuine desire to help clients improve their operations.
We offer a competitive compensation package with performance bonus, a flexible work environment, and unique opportunities for learning and career advancement.
· Ensure accurate posting of daily sales and other store level transactions
· Calculate and post accruals, intercompany allocations, and other adjusting journal entries
· Prepare and maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules
· Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts (prepaid expenses, accruals, notes payable, intercompany accounts, etc.)
· Prepare and review sales and mixed beverage tax returns
· Analyze store P&L information for variances or irregularities and proactively engage with client personnel to resolve
· Execute month end close process for assigned clients within required timeframe
· Prepare initial/draft Management Reporting Package (to include financial statements and related management reports)
· Maintain supporting workpapers and documentation in digital/paperless document management system
· Communicate with clients to obtain missing information, resolve questions, and provide general support for client inquiries
· Assist with preparation of budgets, financial forecasts, and related projects
· Assist with documentation of accounting procedures and implementation of internal system/process improvements
· Support client training on the software used to deliver our services
· Provide exceptional customer service to client personnel (operations and executive/ownership) and internal team
Key Performance Indicators
· Overall quality of work product (timeliness and accuracy)
· Client satisfaction
· Integration into the team
· Development and retention of technical accounting and technology skills
· Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement
Qualifications, Required Skills, and Personal Attributes
· At least 3 years of full cycle GL accounting experience is required
· Restaurant/hospitality industry experience is required
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience
· Prior experience in public accounting or other client service role a plus
· Strong technology skills and desire to learn new software and systems
· Extremely detail-oriented and accurate, both in work product and communication
· Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline intensive environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Flexible and comfortable with change and ambiguity
· Positive attitude and innate desire to help others
· Absolute commitment to integrity and protecting client confidentiality
If interested and qualified please contact:
Michael L Horrocks CHAE
Posted on July 11, 2017
Please contact the recruiter below if you have any questions regarding this position.
Recruiter: Michael Horrocks