Job Type: Full-time
Years of experience: 10+
Career level: Senior Financial Management
We are looking for an experienced Controller with hospitality industry multi-unit experience.
Our company is expanding and we are looking for someone with executive experience who will work directly with the owners to audit our current systems and recommend and implement improved automated accounting processes to maximize department efficiency and support our growth in a high volume restaurant company based in Houston, Texas.
· Direct day to day accounting including account reconciliations, cash controls, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, deposits, and payroll.
· Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s) and credit card companies
· Prepare financial statements and compile a variety of special reports.
· Work with the CFO, COO and President to guide management of budgets and monitoring performance against budget and forecasts and managing cash flow along with developing, improve and issue timely monthly financial records.
· Provide strategic support and analysis to our Directors and GMs at all locations
· Oversee accounting functions, manages human resource and mentors the team in accordance with our company’s core values.
· Manage commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms
· Participate in a wide variety of special projects and reports
· 8 – 10 years of Accounting/Finance experience,
· Multi-unit hospitality industry experience.
· Solid understanding of state and federal sales and payroll tax requirements.
· Experience with and understanding of Aloha restaurant POS system and Decision Logics.
· Excellent understanding of operational cost control, vendor management and quality assurance.
· Candidate must have the capability to manage, coach and inspire a team of financial professionals in the performance of their duties.
· Must be a strong team player with an ability to build positive and effective working relationships with others.
· Experience in the development and implementation of programs to drive out cost inefficiencies.
· High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed.
· Out of the box thinker with a broad vision of leadership role within the organization.
· Excellent communicator (written and verbal), with high quality report writing skills.
A high energy and intensity level are crucial
Patience, a sense of humor, and a sincere love of people and hospitality is a must!
100% honesty, integrity and transparency
Must have a strong work ethic and work with a spirit of collaboration in a family environment
· Paid Vacation
If you are qualified and interested please contact:
Michael L Horrocks CHAE
Posted on July 11, 2017
Please contact the recruiter below if you have any questions regarding this position.
Recruiter: Michael Horrocks