Job Type: Full-time
Years of experience: 5 years in a Supervisory Position
Career level: Experienced Supervisor
Houston based Restaurant Company is seeking an experienced Facilities Supervisor / Chief Engineer to manage the complete maintenance Department and activities. The perfect candidate should be bilingual English/Spanish.
The Facilities Supervisor is directly responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of maintenance technicians with regard to the upkeep of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical/commercial kitchen equipment. This position will take a hands-on approach, periodically performing similar maintenance work per workload demands.
- Supervising, delegating, as well as assisting with the work of maintenance personnel.
- Actively participating in the diagnosis of needed repairs; inspects for completeness.
- Locating and sourcing repair parts and materials required.
- Coordinating repairs, inspections, and maintenance of HVAC systems in all locations.
- Coordinating repairs, inspections, and maintenance of any electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems in all locations.
- Supervising minor remodels including sheetrock repair, painting, flooring, and other related projects.
- Streamline associated repair costs and job execution.
- Reviewing weekly maintenance schedule.
- Maintain Schedule compliance and priority.
- Maintain Cleanliness and Organization of the workshop.
- Ensuring prompt repairs by responding to emergency breakdowns.
- Troubleshoot and use alternatives in emergency situations.
- Reviewing equipment history files; ensuring accuracy in recorded histories for work order completions.
- Develop and execute training plans for maintenance personnel.
- Ensuring all maintenance jobs are in accordance with any corporate policies, as well as any state or federal regulatory guidelines.
- Investigate, provide, and implement corrective measures for near misses and all safety incidents.
- Striving to achieve 98% reliability on all maintenance jobs.
- Promoting communication and good relationships between unit managers and the maintenance department.
- Interviewing maintenance applicants.
- Achieving departmental and personal goals.
- Planning capital expenditures.
- Attending designated meetings.
- Following up on and projects and assignments given by the Chief Operations Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Owner.
- Five (5)+ years management/supervisory experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- HVAC Certification
- Proven training and/or certification in electrical and plumbing
- Proficient knowledge in computer usage
- Fluency in job related English (both verbal and non-verbal)
- Must have the ability to work “ON CALL” one weekend per month
- Must be flexible enough to remain late as required to complete repairs
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
- The Perfect Candidate will have a strong working knowledge of :
a) Plumbing Codes
b) Electrical Codes
c) National/Local Fire Codes
d) Local Mechanical Codes
e) Water Treatment Program
f) Blue Prints and Plumbing/Wiring Schematics
g) Power and Hand Tools, Meters, etc. as related to the technical trades
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Experience in restaurant equipment maintenance and repair a plus
Work for this position is to be performed in an indoor/outdoor field environment, varying from site to site. May be exposed to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, and gases; mechanical and electrical hazards, as well as all types of weather and temperature conditions.
Primary functions require sufficient physical and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily duties. Must be able to climb unusual heights on ladders, and able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 70 lbs. Qualified candidates should also be able to see normal visual range with or without correction, and hear normal audio with or without correction.
If interested and qualified please contact:
Hospitality Pro Search
Visit www.HProSearch.com to view all of Hospitality Pro Search opportunities.
Posted on January 12, 2018
Please contact the recruiter below if you have any questions regarding this position.
Recruiter: Gary Turner